When embarking on a home painting project you may find the following painting tips useful.
1. Get more dropcloth than you think you need, you will always need it. Also, tape it down around the edges of the room so that it doesn't move out of place and expose the floor.
2. Paint the ceiling first, this will make it easier to get all the way into the corner and makes down-the-wall drips less of a problem.
3. Use an extension on a roller brush for the ceiling and for the walls, this will make it go much faster and will save a lot of trouble and elbow grease with the ceiling! Also, use a spongey corner brush to fill in corners where the roller doesn't reach.
4. Splurge on a quality paint tray. Get something made of a hard plastic. They are washable if you wash it before the paint dries, and it really is worth the extra expense.
5. When painting the ceiling you should use goggles as paint in the eye is not fun.
6. Paint with the roller with an X pattern rather than up and down or side to side. For example, paint a stroke on one diagonal, then bring it up to kind of criss-cross. This will give you a better coat of paint that will be less likely to show the pattern you painted in.
7. Get a new roller brush every time you start a new painting project or take a break. They are washable but it's very hard to get all the paint out and once they get some dried paint on them it's really difficult to paint with.
Get a Professional Painter instead
Don't have the time or inclination to paint yourself? No problem, its never been easier to get a local painter. Simply post your job request here: http://www.servicecentral.com.au/painting/
Just found this website helpful thanks. I've come across a good company that delivers paint. Ideal for when your halfway through a job and don't have time to go to the shops.over a year ago by Sonia Love