Solar energy strength depends on several factors:
- Time of day (direct sunlight = more solar energy)
- Time of year (strong, direct sunlight = more solar energy)
- The latitude of where your solar panels are (more energy closer to the equator)
- Amount of water vapour in the air (more refraction of light = less solar energy)
- Amount of dust in the air (more refraction of light = less solar energy)
- Cloud or shading (more shade/cloud = less solar energy)
You can use the Bureau of Meteorology's website to check your sunlight hours, humidity, cloudy days etc hereor post a job today for a solar expert to give you a more specific idea of how much power you can expect to generate.