With winter just around the corner we're all trying to find ways to warm up the house and for most of us the heater is the first thing we turn on. However did you know that if your heater hasn't been serviced recently it could be a risk in your home?
Last year two Victorian boys, aged seven and nine, unfortunately died when a faulty heater leaked poisonous carbon monoxide into their home. Their mother had to be hospitalised and it was a terrible reminder that gas heaters require regular servicing.
To ensure nothing like this ever happens again, use Service Central and have your heating checked by a professional.
Gas heaters must be looked after and it must be done by a specialist gas plumber. An unsafe heater can cause a fire or, as in the case above, pollute your house with dangerous fumes. Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning include tiredness, headaches, confusion and chest pain leading to unconsciousness and death.
Professional gas heater servicing should occur once every two years at the start of winter. Or immediately if there are any signs of trouble. If you have ducted heating then professional duct cleaning may be necessary - contact your appliance manufacturer to find out.
Please don't allow your house to become unsafe for you and your family - ensure your gas heating receives regular, professional servicing. Use Service Central to find a professional heating serviceman today.